- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Paul Merson makes his prediction for Arsenal v WBA
Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has made his prediction ahead of Arsenal’s clash with West Brom on Thursday night and he’s backing us to secure all three points.
We welcome the Baggies to North London on Thursday for our rescheduled Premier League game and we desperately need to get our season back on track with a win.
Sunday’s disgraceful 1-1 draw at home to Crystal Palace has not only ended any faint hopes of winning the title but it’s also left us in a familiar battle for fourth place.
Currently, we sit fourth on goal difference from Man City but Man Utd could be just a point behind if they beat Palace tomorrow night, so the pressure is on to keep our place in the top four.
It’s been an all-mighty collapse from this squad and it would be a travesty if we missed out on Champions League football having been favourites for the title at Christmas.
The good news is we’ve got a decent fixture list until the end of the season and former winger Merson thinks we’ll get back on track with a routine win over West Brom on Thursday night.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports, he said:
How have Arsenal not won the league? You look at their fixtures now and they have the perfect run-in, but inconsistency has again cost them. I don’t see them having any problems against West Brom at the Emirates. It will be a comfortable win for the Gunners.
PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0
I’m not sure I share Merse’s optimism that it will be so comfortable but I do think we’ll win on Thursday night. Just. A record low crowd is to be expected so I envisage a low key game similar to what we saw against Palace. Let’s just hope we manage to take a few more chances this time around.
Those who are interested in online football betting would be wise to back 0-0 at half-time at odds of 9/4 as I think we’ll be slow out the blocks before winning it in the second half. A 1-0 home win is available at 13/2 which would be my bet with Olivier Giroud to get on the score-sheet at 14/5.
However, I’d take any win on Thursday as we desperately need to get our season back on track after a disappointing few weeks.