- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
Arsenal want this player to replace Gibbs but Liverpool also keen
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have identified Leicester City’s Ben Chilwell as a long-term successor to Kieran Gibbs but face competition from the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea.
Arsene Wenger is under pressure to leave his position as manager after overseeing a dramatic collapse this season but despite our inability to keep up with Leicester and Spurs in the title race, the Frenchman is expected to keep his job for another year.
Arsene is already making plans for the summer transfer window and a long-term replacement for Kieran Gibbs looks to be on the agenda as the 26-year-old is being tipped to leave in search of regular first team football having lost his place to Nacho Monreal.
The Mirror claim that Wenger has now renewed his interest in Leicester’s Ben Chilwell after making an enquiry in January and is hoping to finally lure him to the Emirates this summer.
The Foxes have offered the 19-year-old a new deal but Chilwell has yet to commit his future to the King Power and could be tempted by the higher wages on offer at the likes of Arsenal.
Chilwell is not yet a regular with the Premier League leaders but he is considered as one of the brightest young prospects in English football and was invited to train with the England senior squad last month having already represented his country and U20 level.
I’ll be disappointed to see Gibbs go if he does leave as he’s a solid full-back who rarely lets us down when called upon but I’d love to see an exciting young English talent like Chilwell come in as he’d be able to learn the ropes from Monreal before taking over in a year or two.
We’ll have to wait and see whether the teenager pushes for a move away this summer but if he does, then it looks like we’ll face stiff competition for his signature as the newspaper suggests that Liverpool and Chelsea are also showing a keen interest.