- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Agent confirms Arsenal’s interest in signing Ivory Coast star
The agent of Franck Kessie has claimed that Arsenal are among a whole host of top European clubs who are chasing the Atlanta defender, according to the Mirror.
Kessie joined Atlanta from Ivory Coast outfit Stella Club last year and was immediately loaned out to Serie B side Cesena where’s he’s been impressing with some excellent performances.
The 19-year-old has scored three times in his 29 appearances so far this season and has already broken into the Ivory Coast senior nation team with four caps to his name so far.
Kessie’s potential has caught the eye of several top European clubs and it appears Arsenal are among those tracking the teenager as his agent, George Atangan, claims Arsene Wenger has sent his scouts to watch the youngster this season.
Atangan is quoted as sating by the Mirror:
“Arsenal have sent scouts to watch him twice.
“All the big clubs in Italy rate him and he’s got a lot of foreign interest as well.”
Kessie has predominantly been played in central midfield for Cesena this term but he’s also capable of playing at centre-back or right-back, so his versatility is sure to appeal to Wenger.
We’ll have to wait and see whether the boss decides to step-up his interest by making a formal move for the player but if we do end up bringing him to the Emirates, he’ll be nothing more than a squad player for now as he’s nowhere near ready for the first team.