- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
[Tweet] Arsenal boost as star declares himself fit for Watford clash
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major boost with Petr Cech declaring himself ‘ready for action’ ahead of our crucial Premier League clash with Watford tomorrow.
Cech has sat out the last five games in all competitions after suffering a calf injury during the closing stages of our 2-1 loss to Swansea City at the start of March.
The Czech international returned to full training with the rest of the squad at London Colney this afternoon as Arsene Wenger put his players through their final paces ahead of Saturday’s clash with Watford.
The boss suggested at his press conference on Friday morning that he would give our number one goalkeeper a late fitness test before his involvement this weekend was decided.
However, it appears Cech has declared himself fit and available for selection as the 33-year-old took to Twitter this evening to upload a photo of himself in training today with a message saying he’s ‘ready for action’ after enjoying a ‘good training session’.
Obviously we’ll have to wait and see whether Wenger decides Cech is ready to start as it’s the managers decision at the end of the day, but I’d be surprised if Cech doesn’t line-up tomorrow if he feels he’s 100% fit.
Cech’s return would be a major boost as we desperately need to beat Watford at the Emirates in order to keep alive our slim hopes of winning the title this season.
Here is what Cech tweeted earlier:
— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) April 1, 2016