- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
[Tweet] Arsenal boost as star declares himself fit for Watford clash
Arsenal appear to have been handed a major boost with Petr Cech declaring himself ‘ready for action’ ahead of our crucial Premier League clash with Watford tomorrow.
Cech has sat out the last five games in all competitions after suffering a calf injury during the closing stages of our 2-1 loss to Swansea City at the start of March.
The Czech international returned to full training with the rest of the squad at London Colney this afternoon as Arsene Wenger put his players through their final paces ahead of Saturday’s clash with Watford.
The boss suggested at his press conference on Friday morning that he would give our number one goalkeeper a late fitness test before his involvement this weekend was decided.
However, it appears Cech has declared himself fit and available for selection as the 33-year-old took to Twitter this evening to upload a photo of himself in training today with a message saying he’s ‘ready for action’ after enjoying a ‘good training session’.
Obviously we’ll have to wait and see whether Wenger decides Cech is ready to start as it’s the managers decision at the end of the day, but I’d be surprised if Cech doesn’t line-up tomorrow if he feels he’s 100% fit.
Cech’s return would be a major boost as we desperately need to beat Watford at the Emirates in order to keep alive our slim hopes of winning the title this season.
Here is what Cech tweeted earlier:
— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) April 1, 2016