- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
[Photo] Arsenal star offers positive injury update on Instagram
It looks like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is closing in on making his return to the first team after the Arsenal midfielder offered a positive injury update on Instagram.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has been on the sidelines since suffering a knee injury during the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie with Barcelona last month.
Arsene Wenger confirmed that the midfielder’s injury wouldn’t require surgery, which would have ended his season, but he was still expected to be out until at least the middle of April.
It looks like the 22-year-old is progressing well in his recovery as The Ox posted a photograph on his Instagram account of him working out in the gym along with a caption saying he’d enjoyed a good days rehab and was getting stronger each day.
The news comes as a welcome boost as our midfield options as slim right now with Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky also on the sidelines so let’s hope Oxlade-Chamberlain can continue to make a swift recovery.
Good days rehab… Feeling stronger everyday
The England international is likely to be at least another two weeks away from a possible comeback so he could have his eye on making a playing return against Crystal Palace on the 17th of April.
Here is the photo The Ox posted on Instagram: