- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
[Photo] Arsenal star offers positive injury update on Instagram
It looks like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is closing in on making his return to the first team after the Arsenal midfielder offered a positive injury update on Instagram.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has been on the sidelines since suffering a knee injury during the first leg of our Champions League last-16 tie with Barcelona last month.
Arsene Wenger confirmed that the midfielder’s injury wouldn’t require surgery, which would have ended his season, but he was still expected to be out until at least the middle of April.
It looks like the 22-year-old is progressing well in his recovery as The Ox posted a photograph on his Instagram account of him working out in the gym along with a caption saying he’d enjoyed a good days rehab and was getting stronger each day.
The news comes as a welcome boost as our midfield options as slim right now with Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla and Tomas Rosicky also on the sidelines so let’s hope Oxlade-Chamberlain can continue to make a swift recovery.
Good days rehab… Feeling stronger everyday
The England international is likely to be at least another two weeks away from a possible comeback so he could have his eye on making a playing return against Crystal Palace on the 17th of April.
Here is the photo The Ox posted on Instagram: