- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger offers injury update on Ramsey, Mertesacker & Gabriel
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has offered an update after Aaron Ramsey, Gabriel and Per Mertesacker all picked up injuries during our win over Hull on Tuesday night.
Mertesacker suffered a nasty cut to his eye midway through the first half following a clash of heads with Nick Powell and was eventually forced off with slight concussion with Nacho Monreal coming on to replace the German.
The boss was then forced in to another defensive reshuffle when Gabriel limped off with a hamstring problem early in the second half.
Aaron Ramsey came on for the Brazilian international with Calum Chambers moving in to the middle alongside Monreal and Mathieu Flamini switching to right-back.
However, our injury woes didn’t stop there as Ramsey lasted little over 10 minutes before going down with a suspected thigh injury and he soon followed Per and Gabriel down the tunnel.
Speaking after the game, Arsene admitted he’s been left shocked by the injuries and while Mertesacker and Gabriel’s injuries aren’t serious, the boss revealed that he’s concerned by Rambo’s thigh injury.
“I’m a bit under shock there because we lost our two centre-backs in the game and after we lost Aaron Ramsey,” Wenger is quoted as saying by ESPN.
“Mertesacker is not serious, just a concussion, a little head concussion. Gabriel looks all right, Ramsey I’m a bit more concerned about [because it's] a muscular thigh injury.”
Depending on how serious Mertesacker’s concussion is, he could be available to face Watford in the quarter finals on Sunday but I doubt Gabriel will be able to play as even a minor muscle injury should keep him out for at least a week.
The big concern is clearly Ramsey. He’ll undergo scans tomorrow but if he’s aggravated his troublesome thigh injury again, there’s a chance his season could be over.
Let’s hope for good news tomorrow….