- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
[Photo] Mesut Ozil issues rallying cry to Arsenal fans on Twitter
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has issued a rallying cry to Arsenal fans ahead of Wednesday night’s crucial clash with Swansea City.
Ozil was one of the few players who came out with any sort of credit from our disgraceful 3-2 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The German international picked up his 18th assist of the season after setting up Danny Welbeck to make it 2-1 before pulling a goal back himself to make it 3-2 midway through the second half.
The 27-year-old has now taken to Twitter to post a message to Arsenal fans saying we don’t need to tell the players how important tomorrow’s match with Swansea is, as a simple look at the table is enough for the boys to get up for the game.
Hmmmm. I appreciate the sentiment Mesut but perhaps you could tell a few of your team mates to have a look at the table as they didn’t seem interested on Sunday!
If we’re to remain in this title race, then we’re going to need to improve our form sharpish and we simply have to collect all three points against the Swans on Wednesday.
Let’s hope Ozil’s rallying cry hits home with a few of our under-performing players…..here’s what he posted on Twitter:
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) March 1, 2016