- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
[Photo] Mesut Ozil issues rallying cry to Arsenal fans on Twitter
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has issued a rallying cry to Arsenal fans ahead of Wednesday night’s crucial clash with Swansea City.
Ozil was one of the few players who came out with any sort of credit from our disgraceful 3-2 defeat to Manchester United at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The German international picked up his 18th assist of the season after setting up Danny Welbeck to make it 2-1 before pulling a goal back himself to make it 3-2 midway through the second half.
The 27-year-old has now taken to Twitter to post a message to Arsenal fans saying we don’t need to tell the players how important tomorrow’s match with Swansea is, as a simple look at the table is enough for the boys to get up for the game.
Hmmmm. I appreciate the sentiment Mesut but perhaps you could tell a few of your team mates to have a look at the table as they didn’t seem interested on Sunday!
If we’re to remain in this title race, then we’re going to need to improve our form sharpish and we simply have to collect all three points against the Swans on Wednesday.
Let’s hope Ozil’s rallying cry hits home with a few of our under-performing players…..here’s what he posted on Twitter:
— Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) March 1, 2016