- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsene Wenger hints he may rest this player against Swansea
Arsene Wenger has hinted he may be forced to rest Danny Welbeck for Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Swansea City on Wednesday night.
Welbeck has only recently returned from a ten month absence with a serious knee injury and made his first league start since March 2015 against Manchester United on Sunday.
The 25-year-old impressed at Old Trafford after getting himself on the score-sheet and got a very useful 80 minutes under his belt before eventually being replaced by Alex Iwobi late on.
However, despite Danny looking sharp, the boss is going to be cautious with the attacker and will seek medical advice as to whether he needs a rest tomorrow night.
Arsene told Arsenal.com:
It’s possible I will make changes. Some players are still not out of it. I will have to see if I have to be cautious with Danny Welbeck or not. Medically I need advice on that and I will see.
I think it’s safe to say it would be a risk starting Welbeck for the second time in four days so I fully expect him to be rested against Swansea with Olivier Giroud coming in to start up front.
Danny has certainly hit the ground running since making his return and has already got two goals to his name, however, there’s no point pushing him too hard after such a lengthy spell on the sidelines so it makes sense to be cautious with him.