- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsene Wenger hints he may rest this player against Swansea
Arsene Wenger has hinted he may be forced to rest Danny Welbeck for Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Swansea City on Wednesday night.
Welbeck has only recently returned from a ten month absence with a serious knee injury and made his first league start since March 2015 against Manchester United on Sunday.
The 25-year-old impressed at Old Trafford after getting himself on the score-sheet and got a very useful 80 minutes under his belt before eventually being replaced by Alex Iwobi late on.
However, despite Danny looking sharp, the boss is going to be cautious with the attacker and will seek medical advice as to whether he needs a rest tomorrow night.
Arsene told Arsenal.com:
It’s possible I will make changes. Some players are still not out of it. I will have to see if I have to be cautious with Danny Welbeck or not. Medically I need advice on that and I will see.
I think it’s safe to say it would be a risk starting Welbeck for the second time in four days so I fully expect him to be rested against Swansea with Olivier Giroud coming in to start up front.
Danny has certainly hit the ground running since making his return and has already got two goals to his name, however, there’s no point pushing him too hard after such a lengthy spell on the sidelines so it makes sense to be cautious with him.