- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Sanchez among 3 key Arsenal men set for axe after Man Utd defeat
Arsene Wenger is set to wield his axe and drop some of his under-performing stars following Arsenal’s hugely disappointing 3-2 defeat to Manchester United on Sunday.
We completely bottled it at Old Trafford with many of our key men simply not turning up for yet another important game and it looks like Wenger has finally had enough.
According to Football Insider, the boss is expected to make some changes for Wednesday’s home clash against Swansea with Alexis Sanchez, Aaron Ramsey and Theo Walcott among those who look set for the chop.
The report claims that while Arsene didn’t tear in to the players after back-t0-back defeats to Barcelona and United, he is alarmed at how the pressure has got to his team and is ready to mix things up on Wednesday night.
Sanchez has been woeful since returning from a hamstring injury and while his world class talent is beyond doubt, he could have little argument if he was left out against Swansea.
The same could be said of Ramsey as he’s suffering an alarming dip in form right now and I’m sure I’m not the only one cursing the absence of Santi Cazorla as he’s been hugely missed over the past couple of months.
Walcott’s form has been inconsistent at best as he made a huge impact off the bench against Leicester City but was anonymous when he started against United yesterday and was rightly hauled off just after the break.
Mohamed Elneny could come in to the midfield in place of Ramsey while Joel Campbell and Olivier Giroud could come in for Walcott and Sanchez against the Swans if Wenger does decide to drop the trio.
Arsene is usually fiercely loyal to his players but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did leave some key players out on Wednesday and there aren’t many who could argue at being left out.