- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Santi Cazorla to step-up injury return with run out for U21′s – rumours
It looks like Santi Cazorla could be about to step-up his recovery from a knee injury with a run-out for the Arsenal Under-21 side next week, if you believe the rumours currently circulating on Twitter.
Cazorla has been out since damaging knee ligaments during our draw at Norwich City in November but returned to light training earlier this month.
It’s not clear whether Santi has since resumed full training yet but we’ve seen no sign of him in any training photos that have been published online recently.
The last update from Arsene Wenger came on February 12 when he said Cazorla was three or four weeks away from being available for the first team so if that timeframe is still accurate, then you’d expect the midfielder to step-up his rehabilitation soon.
And according to rumours spreading online, Cazorla has been pencilled in to take part in the Under-21′s home clash with Wolverhampton Wanderers on Monday evening.
Arsene has used the under-21′s to ease Tomas Rosicky and Danny Welbeck back in to action recent so it would make sense for Cazorla to have a run-out with the youngsters too.
As long as he comes through the game unscathed, I’d expect him to step-up his rehab in full training before potentially making his first team return in early-to-mid March – which would be in line with Wenger’s earlier prediction.
There was no update on Cazorla from the boss at his press conference this morning so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see whether he does turn out for the under-21′s on Monday or not.
Arsenal have booked 29th February as the date for Santi Cazorla to play a Under-21 game against Wolves to prove his fitness.
— Arsenal (@tomgunner14) February 26, 2016