- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal fans rage after referee confirmed for FA Cup clash
Arsenal fans are understandably raging after the Football Association confirmed that Mike Dean will be in charge of our FA Cup clash with Hull City this weekend.
We welcome the Tigers to the Emirates this Saturday for our fifth round tie as we bid to lift the FA Cup for a third consecutive season.
However, it appears the FA are doing all they can to ensure that doesn’t happen after appointing Dean as the match official for the game.
Understandably, fans have been enraged by this decision and have been venting their frustrations on social media sites like Twitter today.
Dean has a long history of being involved in controversial decisions while refereeing Arsenal games and I’m sure none of you will forget that he’s been caught ‘celebrating’ twice following Tottenham goals.
The man is everything that’s wrong with the refereeing in this country. He’s an egotistical tw*t who thinks the game is all about him, and when it’s not, he makes sure he gets his ‘headline’ moment. Which usually involves sending an Arsenal player off.
Good work FA. Let’s see how Dean manages to screw us this weekend….
Here’s confirmation from the FA’s website:
Arsenal v Hull City
12.45pm, Saturday 20 February
Referee Michael Dean
Assistant Referees Adam Nunn & Harry Lennard
Fourth Official Paul Tierney