- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal fear Mesut Ozil will be ruled out with foot injury
According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal are carefully managing a foot injury that has been causing Mesut Ozil problems in recent weeks.
Ozil has been one of the players of the season so far with the German playmaker’s 16 assists and 6 goals being the major force behind our Premier League title push.
However, the Daily Mail claim the 27-year-old is carrying a foot injury which the Arsenal staff have been carefully managing in recent weeks with the player being closely monitored between matches.
The newspaper also suggests that Ozil’s training schedule has been adapted to try and ensure he doesn’t aggravate the injury as the club fear he could end up missing our run-in if we push him too hard.
Arsene Wenger confirmed the foot injury was the reason Ozil missed our recent 0-0 draw at Stoke City but hopefully the issue doesn’t become any worse over the coming weeks as it would be a devastating blow to lose Ozil.
He’s been our best player this season and is our chief creator so it would be almost impossible for Wenger to replace him if he was ruled out for any period of time.
Let’s all pray Mesut shakes-off this foot problem and is fully-fit during the second half of the campaign as he’s going to play a key role if we do end up lifting the title.