- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Wenger offers Wilshere & Cazorla injury update
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on the fitness of Jack Wilshere and Santi Cazorla ahead of our FA Cup clash with Burnley.
Wilshere is yet to make a single appearance for the first team this season after fracturing his fibula in training on the eve of our Community Shield win over Chelsea in early August.
After undergoing surgery, Jack has suffered several setbacks in his recovery along the way and is still no closer to making his long-awaited return to the first team.
Cazorla has been on the sidelines since suffering a knee ligament injury back in November and the Spaniard isn’t expected back until early March.
Speaking to Arsenal.com this afternoon ahead of our clash with Burnley on Saturday, Wenger says the duo are ‘progressing well’ but are still at least ‘a few weeks’ away from making their returns to the first team fold.
on Wilshere and Cazorla…
Jack and Santi are progressing well but they are at least a few weeks away. But these two apart, it is just about competitiveness and match fitness.
It’s been an absolute nightmare season for Jack and it looks as though he’s going to find it difficult to make an appearance before March….and the same goes for Cazorla.
The good news is that they are our only two injuries now with Coquelin and Rosicky available again and Welbeck back in full training, so the squad is actually in pretty decent shape.