- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Wenger confirms huge double injury boost ahead of Burnley clash
Arsene Wenger has revealed a huge double injury boost ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup clash with Francis Coquelin and Tomas Rosicky both passed fit and available for selection.
Coquelin has been out since damaging knee ligaments during our defeat to West Brom at the Hawthorns back in November and the Frenchman has been hugely missed in the middle of the park.
However, he returned to full training last Monday and after successfully completing two full weeks of training, Arsene says Coquelin is now ready to make his first team comeback this weekend.
In a double boost, the boss also says Rosicky is ready to make his comeback after finally overcoming a knee injury that he suffered while away with the Czech Republic squad in June 2015.
Rosicky came through 45 minutes with the under-21′s last week and has been able to train fully this week, so it looks like the 35-year-old is in contention to face Burnley on Saturday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
Francis is available to play now because he has passed two weeks of full training. Tomas is also available for selection.
Thank the lord Coquelin is back. He’s been a huge miss in recent weeks but with Francis now fit and Mohamed Elneny also pushing to make his debut, hopefully we won’t see Flamini near the first team for a while.
No disrespect, Mathieu has deputised well enough and he exceeded my expectations, but he’s a very limited player and Coquelin is a MASSIVE upgrade.