- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
Arsenal duo set to return against Burnley + Elneny to make debut
Arsenal have been handed a double boost with Francis Coquelin and Tomas Rosicky set to feature against Burnley while Mohamed Elneny is also expected to make his debut this weekend.
Coquelin returned ahead of schedule following knee surgery in late November and the midfielder has been undertaking endurance training at London Colney for over a week.
Arsene Wenger had hoped to play him in an U21’s game first but with the youngsters playing Stoke away this weekend, the Telegraph claim the boss feels our FA Cup clash against Burnley at the Emirates is a more suitable fixture for the 23-year-old to make his comeback.
So as long as Francis doesn’t suffer any setback in training over the next few days, he should play some part against the Clarets this weekend which will be a HUGE boost for the club.
We’ve had to make-do with Flamini in the defensive midfield role over the last two months so I can’t wait for Coquelin’s name to be back on the team-sheet.
The Telegraph also suggest that Rosicky should feature against the Championship side after stepping up his comeback with a run-out for the under-21’s last week.
The Czech international is yet to feature this season after suffering a knee injury way back in June but the 35-year-old should finally return to the field on Saturday.
We could also get to see our first glimpse of new signing Elneny as the newspaper says Wenger will finally hand him his debut against Burnley this weekend.
The Egyptian international has been an unused substitute in our last two games but the FA Cup fourth round tie is the perfect opportunity to integrate him in to the first team.
My best guess is that Elneny and Coquelin will start in midfield together with Rosicky probably among the subs, but we’ll have to wait and see what Wenger decides to do.
We begin the latest defence of our FA Cup this weekend as Arsenal look to win the trophy for a record third consecutive year. It’s highly unlikely that we’ll be able to do ‘the treble’ but it’s worth putting a few quid on it as you should get decent odds. For those of you who enjoy a promo code at the bookmakers, make sure you take advantage to secure the best odds and bonuses.