- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
Gabriel & The Ox Out: My Arsenal Line-Up To Face Liverpool
We can tighten our grip at the top of the table when Arsenal take on Liverpool at Anfield on Wednesday night. This is the side I think should start the match….
Petr Cech should keep his place in goal, obviously.
Defence: Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal
I thought Gabriel did well against Sunderland on Saturday but it’s probably best we start the first team partnership of Mertesacker and Koscielny for such a tough away game. Bellerin was outstanding last time out so he should certainly keep his place while Monreal should come back in for Gibbs at left-back.
Midfield: Ramsey, Flamini
Chambers put in another decent shift against Sunderland in an unfamiliar midfield role but it’s a safer bet to go with Flamini as the youngster does still tend to wander out of position sometimes and his passing isn’t quite up to scratch.
Ramsey changed the game after coming off the bench on Saturday so obviously he should get a recall to the starting eleven as Cazorla, Coquelin and Wilshere are still out. Arteta should be in the squad but he’s not fit enough to start just yet.
Attack: Campbell, Ozil, Walcott
Sanchez is not considered fit enough to make the trip to Merseyside so we’ll have to continue to make-do without our Chilean super star but Ozil is certain to get a recall after being rested at the weekend.
Walcott would keep his place in my team while I’d also go with Joel Campbell over Oxlade-Chamberlain. The Ox isn’t progressing as we all hoped and Campbell is producing the goods on the pitch right now, so he should get the nod.
With Sanchez out and Welbeck still nursing a knee injury, Arsene has little option but to stick with Giroud up front. The Frenchman was on the score-sheet again at the weekend so hopefully he can build on that strike with another goal at Anfield.
This would be my line-up:
Most of the eleven pick themselves these days. Until we get our injured players back, the only big decisions for Arsene to make are over Gabriel/Mertesacker and The Ox/Campbell but that’s the line-up I’d go with.
What would be your team?