- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
Photos: Fit-again midfielder & 5 kids train with Arsenal first team
Mikel Arteta was joined by five youngsters as Arsene Wenger took his final training session ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup third round clash with Sunderland on Saturday.
We begin the defence of our FA Cup against the Black Cats tomorrow and the boss confirmed that Arteta is fit and available after recovering from his latest calf injury.
The Spaniard played 45 minutes for the under-21′s in midweek and he’s been in full training today along with the rest of the squad so we could see him make an appearance this weekend.
Arteta was joined in training today by five youngsters with Alex Iwobi, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Krystian Bielik, Chris Willock and Reiss Nelson all being given a chance to impress the first team coaching staff.
It remains to be seen whether any of the kids will be involved tomorrow but I think we’ll see at least Iwobi and Reine-Adelaide named in the squad.
Here are some photos from today’s session courtesy of Arsenal.com: