- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Gabriel Paulista have been named in the WhoScored? Premier League Team of the Week after their excellent display’s against AFC Bournemouth.
Ozil starred once again during our 2-0 win over the Cherries on Monday night with the German schemer creating an incredible nine chances for his team mates.
The 27-year-old assisted the opening goal for Gabriel with a lovely corner before wrapping-up the three points with a well taken second after the break.
Ozil’s sensational overall display earned him a WhoScored? rating of 9.76 and not only has he been named in the Team of the Week but he’s also scooped the Player of the Week prize too.
Gabriel was restored to the starting eleven in place of the rested Laurent Koscielny and the Brazilian excelled in the back four while he also popped up with the opening goal.
His performance earned him a WhoScored? rating of 8.58 – which was the highest of any defender in the Premier League this week – so he joined Ozil in the TOTW.
Congratulations to both players. Fully deserved and hopefully they can continue their excellent form against Newcastle on Saturday.
Here is the full team: