- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Ratings: Ozil shines once again as Arsenal beat Bournemouth
Mesut Ozil inspired Arsenal to a comfortable 2-0 victory over AFC Bournemouth this evening to see us climb to the top of the Premier League table.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6.5/10 – A virtual by-stander but made a decent save to deny Murray late on and secure a record-breaking clean sheet.
Bellerin 7/10 – A real threat down the right wing but his final ball was disappointing. Solid at the back.
Gabriel 8/10 – Lovely header to open the scoring and made two superb blocks to deny decent chances for the visitors. A beast at the back and a danger from corners all game.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Sloppy start but found his feet and led the defence to another clean sheet.
Gibbs 6.5/10 – A decent game but just isn’t as solid as Monreal. Always looks like he’s got a mistake in him.
Chambers 7/10 – His passing was a little suspect at times but it was a solid effort in an unfamiliar position.
Ramsey 7/10 – Plenty of energy in the middle of the park but wasn’t as influential as he perhaps should have been in such a comfortable win.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 7/10 – Hit the post late on and got in to some promising positions but once again his end product was lacking at times.
Ozil 9/10 – Unplayable. Got one assist but could have had five and finished off a fine move to make it 2-0.
Walcott 7/10 – A real threat with his pace, particularly in the second half, but couldn’t get that goal he craved.
Giroud 7/10 – Lovely assist for the Ozil goal but wasted a couple of good chances to get himself on the score-sheet.