- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger offers team news update ahead of Sunderland clash
Arsene Wenger has been speaking at his pre-match press conference this morning ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Sunderland.
The boss confirmed that two key men could be back in contention for the game with Laurent Koscielny and Theo Walcott expected to be available.
Koscielny was forced off early on during our 1-1 draw at Norwich City last weekend after picking up a hip injury but thankfully it’s nothing serious and Arsene says the Frenchman ‘could play’ against Sunderland.
Personally I wouldn’t risk him tomorrow so I’d play Gabriel alongside Mertesacker but we’ll have to wait and see what the boss decides to do.
In a double boost, Wenger also confirmed that Walcott has a chance to return to the squad after six weeks out with a calf injury that he sustained against Sheffield Wednesday in October.
A late decision will be made on the attacker but I think we’ll see him named on the bench and his return will come as a major bonus – especially with Sanchez now facing a spell on the sidelines.
Here is what Arsene told reporters this morning:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) December 4, 2015
At Colney. Wenger: "Maybe Koscielny will be back, Walcott [too] – decision tomorrow morning." #afc
— James Olley (@JamesOlley) December 4, 2015