- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Wenger offers update on Wilshere surgery + Welbeck/Rosicky latest
Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Jack Wilshere’s surgery was a success while he also says Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky are progressing well in their injury recoveries.
Wilshere hasn’t featured yet this season after suffering a hairline fracture in his fibula at the start of August, just before our Communit Shield victory over Chelsea.
The injury didn’t heal as expected so the decision was taken to operate and place a small metal plate into his leg to try and cure the problem once and for all.
The operation has now been conducted and Arsene says it was ‘very successful’, and everyone is now hoping his recovery goes smoothly from here on.
Wenger also gave a small update on Welbeck and Rosicky after saying the duo are ‘doing well’ in their recovery from knee injuries. Neither player is expected back before Christmas.
Arsene told Arsenal.com:
on Wilshere, Welbeck and Rosicky…
They are all doing well. Jack just had surgery so at the moment he cannot do anything. Danny is doing well, Tomas Rosicky as well.
on Wilshere’s operation…
It was very successful and touch wood hopefully all goes well now.
Arsene wasn’t quoted as given any comeback date by Arsenal.com, but talkSPORT quote him as saying that Jack should be back around Christmas time.
“The operation went well. He is ok and will be back in December, around Christmas.”
Let’s pray Wilshere can have a smooth rehabilitation period over the coming months and get his career back on track during the second half of the campaign.