- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
Video: Individual highlights: Mathieu Flamini’s MOTM display v Spurs
Mathieu Flamini was the unlikely hero as the French midfielder scored a stunning volley to secure Arsenal a 2-1 victory over Tottenham at White Hart Lane last night.
The 31-year-old has barely featured in the first team so far this season but was called up for our Capital One Cup third round clash against our North London rivals after an injury ruled out Francis Coquelin.
He grabbed his opportunity with both hands as Flamini opened the scoring with a close-range effort before sealing a 2-1 victory with a stunning 20-yard volley in the second half to cap a fine all-round performance.
Nobody expected Flamini to produce such a display and many were fearing the worst when we saw he was lining-up alongside Mikel Arteta but fair play to the lad, he proved us all wrong.
Watch individual highlights of his performance last night: