- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
[Photo] Ozil: “Sometimes things don’t turn out the way you’d hoped”
Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil has taken to Facebook to post a message reflecting on our disappointing back-to-back defeats to Dinamo Zagreb and Chelsea.
Ozil once again started in the No.10 role as we kicked off our Champions League campaign with an away trip to Croatia last week where we slumped to a shock 2-1 defeat following the sending off of Olivier Giroud.
We then crashed to another loss at Stamford Bridge on Saturday in a hugely controversial game that saw both Gabriel and Santi Cazorla sent to the stands.
Ozil has now taken to Facebook to upload a photo and post a message saying the last two games haven’t gone according to plan or reflect how good we are, but the team will work hard to put things right.
He said on Facebook:
Sometimes things don’t turn out the way you’d hoped or expected. The last two matches don’t reflect where we are standing as a team. We will focus on our practice even more now and prepare for the next big games! The season is still young…
#afc #arsenal #gunners #comebackstronger
The German international was largely in-effective in the games against Zagreb and Chelsea, which was a shame as he was in excellent form during our win over Stoke a couple of weeks ago.
But let’s be honest, we’re not going to see the best of Ozil when we’re down to 10 men, so let’s hope we manage to keep 11 players on the pitch against Tottenham tomorrow night.