- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Tweet: Cech Thanks Chelsea & Arsenal Fans After ‘Disappointing’ Loss
Petr Cech has taken to Twitter to thank both Arsenal and Chelsea fans for their support after playing in our controversial 2-0 defeat this afternoon.
Cech made the brave decision to leave Chelsea and join Arsenal in the summer in search of regular first team football and ordinarily a player may expect to receive some rough treatment when returning to his former club – especially having joined a direct rival.
However, after enjoying a hugely successful 10 years with Chelsea that saw them through their most successful period as a club, it wasn’t really a surprise that he got an excellent reception upon his return to Stamford Bridge today.
Unfortunately he was on the losing side as some ridiculous officiating from Mike Dean gifted Chelsea the three points.
Cech has now taken to Twitter to thank both sets of fans for their support but admitted he was disappointed with the result.
— Petr Cech (@PetrCech) September 19, 2015