- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Trio miss out as only 1 Arsenal player makes PL Team of the Week
Laurent Koscielny is Arsenal’s only representative in this weeks Who Scored Premier League Team of the Week.
Koscielny’s impressive performance during our 2-0 victory over Stoke City earned him a score of 8.12 which was enough to see him named in the back four. However, there were three players who may feel a little unlucky not to have made the cut this week.
Despite his excellent all-round display in the middle of the park – which earned a score of 9.5 – Santi Cazorla wasn’t named in the TOTW. Instead, the guys at WhoScored decided to go with Wilfried Zaha on the wing even though he only had a score of 8.06.
There is no reason they couldn’t have put Payet out on the left to accommodate Cazorla in the middle. A very strange decision indeed. They could even have put Naismith as a striker and left out Ighalo – who only got 7.76.
Mesut Ozil was widely acknowledged as the Man of the Match on Saturday but despite running the game, grabbing a superb assist and creating an incredible 8 chances, Ozil only got a score of 7.8 from WhoScored.
No doubt this score should have been higher given his contribution to the game but their scoring system doesn’t account for chances created, so that explains the low score.
The final player who was a little unlucky not to make the cut is Hector Bellerin as his score of 8.6 was just edged out by Ritchie De Laet’s 8.74.
Here is the full Team of the Week: