- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
Arsenal’s Official August Player of the Month Revealed
Francis Coquelin has been named as Arsenal’s Player of the Month for August after an excellent start to the new season.
The French international continued where he left off from last season by putting in some impressive displays in the middle of the park last month.
The midfielder was consistently solid during the opening four weeks of the new season but for me he was particularly good in games against Chelsea, Newcastle and Liverpool.
Arsenal have now confirmed on their official website that Coquelin has been voted as the official Player of the Month with 23% of the votes.
Petr Cech came in a close second with 21.3% – which is exactly the same as third-placed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Let’s be honest, there wasn’t any stand out performer going forward in August so this was always going to be a tight vote but I can’t really argue with Le Coq getting the award.
Cech was superb against Liverpool and The Ox has been excellent in patches, but they both cost us dearly during the opening day defeat to West Ham.
Congratulations Francis, keep up the good work son…..
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) September 7, 2015