- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Ratings: Mesut Ozil shines as Arsenal beat Palace
Arsenal beat Crystal Palace 2-1 this afternoon thanks to goals from Olivier Giroud and Damien Delaney [O'G] but it was Mesut Ozil who stood out at Selhurst Park.
Here are my ratings:
Cech – 6.5/10 – Not too much to do other than make a couple of routine saves and wasn’t at fault for their goal.
Bellerin - 7/10 – His pace was important against Zaha and Bolasie. Didn’t offer too much going forward though.
Mertesacker - 7/10 – Put in a couple of terrific blocks but had a few of shaky moments as well.
Koscielny - 6/10 – Turned his back for their goal. He’s certainly not the bravest defender, is he?
Monreal - 6.5/10 – Another solid shift at left-back. Did well against the trickery of Zaha and Bolasie.
Coquelin - 6/10 – Was very lucky to stay on the pitch and not pick up a second booking. Fortunately Arsene took him off.
Ramsey - 6/10 – Started on the right but kept drifting inside clogging up the midfield. Wasteful at times too.
Cazorla - 7.5/10 – Back in the deeper role alongside Coquelin and no surprise to see a much improved performance.
Ozil - 8/10 – Superb assist for Giroud’s opener and Ozil ran the show with some wonderful touches. Those who love football can’t help but love Ozil. MOTM for me.
Sanchez - 6.5/10 – Missed two good early chances and was clearly rusty in front of goal, but his determination led to the winner.
Giroud - 6.5/10 – Stunning technique for his scissor-kick goal but did little else in truth.
Oxlade-Chamberlain – 6.5/10 – Worked hard when he came on. Almost grabbed a goal near the death too.
Arteta – 6.5/10 – A useful contribution as Arteta put in a vital late block to deny a great Palace chance.
We played some good stuff in the first half and should really have been out of sight by half time, but we did well to dig deep after the break to secure a vital win. On to Liverpool next week….