- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Clear To Sign 31-Goal Striker After Club Agree To Sell
According to reports today, Lyon have agreed to sell star striker Alexandre Lacazette clearing the way for a potential €50m move to Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger has been tipped to sign another striker before the window shuts and although most of the speculation surrounds Karim Benzema these days, Lacazette is another who’s been strongly linked with a move in recent weeks.
The Express reported last month that Arsenal were among the clubs who are showing a keen interest in signing the French international and his manager Hubert Fournier admitted that they’d be forced to cash-in if a club tabled a bid worth around €50m – which equates to around £35m.
“I’m not worried about Alexandre.”
“Of course, if a €50-60m (£35-42m) bid was tabled, I will no doubt have to prepare for his exit and wish him good luck, but I really feel like he wants to stay.” [source: Express]
Lacazette has developed into one of the hottest strikers in Europe after netting 31 goals for Lyon last season so he could probably command such a huge fee in today’s market.
The French club have been desperately trying to tie him down to a new contract but he’s resisted their attempts so far and it looks like he’s finally causing problems within the club.
It appears Lacazette may be agitating for a move by causing problems behind the scenes and if these reports are accurate, then he might just get his way.
It remains to be seen how Wenger would react if he gets word that Lacazette is available but I have a feeling he’ll see how things pan out with Benzema before committing to anything.
Lacazette is a fine talent but he’s not as established as Benzema just yet and I honestly think the boss feels he has a great chance of luring the Real Madrid hitman to the Emirates this summer.
If that doesn’t work out, then hopefully Arsene will then turn his attention to Lacazette as he’d be an excellent alternative, but Benzema is the man we all want.