- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Eyeing Double Swoop For €71m Attacker And Big-Money Striker
An interesting report from the Telegraph today claims that Arsenal are hoping to land £50m-rated Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus and a big-money striker this summer.
Arsene Wenger has been strongly tipped to bring in a new front-man and he admitted yesterday that the money is available to sign a marquee name if we can find the right player.
Like many fans, I only expected us to sign one forward player this summer, at most, so it comes as something of a surprise to read the Telegraph claim today that we’re looking to land TWO big-money attackers.
The newspaper says that Wenger is preparing to hijack’s Liverpool’s attempts to sign Marco Reus after the Merseysiders supposedly opened talks over a potential deal for the German international.
Dortmund are desperate to keep hold of Reus and the paper suggests they’ll demand around €71m (£50m) for his signature, with the player believed to be keen on a move to the Premier League.
We’ve long been linked with a move for the 26-year-old and I’d love to see him come to the Emirates this summer, but he might not be the only big-money addition as the Telegraph claim that even if we successfully land Reus, Wenger will still want to sign a marquee striker.
Karim Benzema is the name on everybody’s lips at the minute and we’d have a devastating attack if we could land him along with Reus. Can you imagine a forward line of Sanchez, Ozil, Reus and Benzema at Arsenal next season!?
However, as exciting as that sounds, I just don’t think it’s realistic. Despite what the Telegraph claim, I personally don’t see Arsene spending big on two forwards this summer, UNLESS someone like Theo Walcott was to leave.
But Theo’s in the final year of his deal but speculation suggests he’s close to signing an extension, so it’s unlikely he’ll be going anywhere.
If we could sign one of Reus or a striker like Benzema this summer, I’d be delighted. Both is just a pipe dream…..