- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Player’s Agent Speaks Out Amid Reports Of Possible £40m Arsenal Move
Karim Benzema’s agent has spoken out amid reports suggesting Arsenal are keen on signing the Real Madrid hitman this summer.
The French international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks with several media outlets suggesting Arsene Wenger has made him his No.1 target.
The Express reported last week that Arsene was prepared to wait until the final days of the transfer window to secure a £40m move.
Spanish outlet El Confidential then claimed the boss has already held personal talks with the striker about a potential switch to the Emirates and Benzema apparently didn’t rule out the idea entirely as he wanted to see what Rafa Benitez’s plans were for him.
Benitez has been experimenting with Gareth Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo through the middle and if he continues with that formation into the new season, Benzema would be left on the bench and potentially agitating for a move.
However, it looks like the 27-year-old is planning to stick around as his agent Karim Djaziri has told Sky Sports News that Benzema is 1,000% certain to remain at Madrid.
“Karim is very happy at Real Madrid and he will be a Real Madrid player by the end of this transfer window, 1,000 per cent,”
“Karim is not looking to move anywhere this summer.”
So, unfortunately it looks like Benzema could be off the list of potential new signings this summer. It was always going to be difficult to prise him away from the Bernabeu.
We can only hope that things change if Benzema loses his first team place next season and Benitez tells him he’s not part of his first team plans. Otherwise Arsene will have to look elsewhere for a new striker.