- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Set To Make Huge Offer For €45m-Rated Attacker
Some interesting reports coming circulating today with the Metro claiming that Arsenal are set to make a ‘huge’ offer for Borussia Dortmund attacker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
I, like many fans, think we need to bring in a top class forward this summer to really cement ourselves as genuine title challengers next season.
It appears Arsene agrees as several attackers have been linked with a move to the Emirates over the past few months and the Metro are now suggesting that we’ll make a big offer for Aubameyang.
The newspaper doesn’t state exactly what our supposed offer will be but they do say that Dortmund won’t consider selling for anything less than €45m – which equates to about £31.4m.
I’m not sure if he’s worth that kind of money but I think Aubameyang would be an excellent signing if we could get a deal agreed for closer to £25m.
The Gabon international has been with Dortmund for two seasons and has been in impressive form with 42 goals in 95 appearances in all competitions, and he’d give Arsene plenty of options in the final third as he’s capable of playing out wide or through the middle as a striker.
His pace is his most dangerous asset as he’d give Walcott a run for his money so I’d be glad to see the 26-year-old come to the club this summer, but I’m not sure the boss will agree to pay over £30m for him, so I’m not getting my hopes up….