- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Set To Open Talks Over €25m Deal, Player Keen On Move
According to reports from Italy today, Arsenal are set to open talks with Napoli over a €25m deal to sign Jose Callejon with the attacker understood to be keen on making the move to North London.
Callejon only moved to Naples from Real Madrid two years ago and has taken to life in Italy well having scored 26 goals in his 68 Serie A appearances so far.
However, the Metro cite reports coming from Italy claim that the 28-year-old is looking to leave this summer following the departure of Rafa Benitez as manager and Arsenal are supposedly set to open talks over a potential deal.
The original source of the news is outlet Sport Mediaset, who suggest that we’re prepared to meet Callejon’s €25m (£17.9m) buy-out clause and the transfer will be discussed over the coming days.
Whats more, the outlet claim that Callejon is keen to make the move to North London despite other interest from the likes of Atletico Madrid, Sevilla and Liverpool.
With so much speculation flying about these days it’s difficult to know what to believe but this isn’t the first time we’ve been linked with the Spanish attacker so I wouldn’t be surprised if Arsene does have a genuine interest this summer.
I, like many other Gooners, feel we need to bring in a top class striker but the boss may be on the look out for a versatile attacker who can play in a variety of positions and Callejon certainly fits the bill.
He used to play as a centre-forward but has been deployed out on the wings in recent years so he’d give Arsene plenty of options, and €25m is easily within our price-range.
I had hoped for a proper world class forward to come in this summer but with the kind of money being demanded for such players, it’s looking increasingly unlikely, so we may have to settle for someone like Callejon.
Let’s see how things develop and although it wouldn’t be a disaster if we were to sign the former Real Madrid attacker, I’m not convinced he’s the man to fire us to the title next season…