- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Arsenal Keen On Signing €34m-Rated Serie A Winger – Report
According to talkSPORT, Arsenal are showing a keen interest in signing versatile Juventus winger Kwadwo Asamoah this summer.
The Ghanaian international has been at Juve since joining the club from Udinese in 2012 and proved to be a very useful squad player during his first two years in Turin.
However, he missed over six months of last season with a serious knee injury and was restricted to making just 10 appearances in all competitions.
Despite concerns over his long-term fitness, it seem Asamoah has done enough to convince Arsene Wenger he’s worth taking a gamble on as talkSPORT are citing reports coming out of Italy that claim we’re showing a real interest in the player this summer.
The 26-year-old is predominantly a left winger but is also comfortable playing as a left-back so his versatility is sure to have appealed to Wenger.
But any potential deal isn’t going to be easy as talkSPORT suggest that not only do Juve value Asamoah at around €34m (£24m) but Chelsea are also understood to be in the running for his signature.
This isn’t the first time we’ve been linked with Asamoah as there was speculation last summer too but I’d be hugely surprised if the boss agreed to pay over £20m on a player who’ll be nothing more than a useful reserve.
We need player who’ll strengthen the first team and Asamoah doesn’t fall into that category so I personally don’t see anything coming of this unless Juve drop their asking price considerably.