- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Arsenal In Talks To Sign €35m-Rated Star – Reports
Italian journalist Gianluco Di Marzio announced some pretty exciting news on his website late last night which claims Arsene Wenger has held talks with Geoffrey Kondogbia about a potential move to Arsenal.
Di Marzio – who works for Sky Sports Italia – says that Inter and AC Milan are also interested in the Monaco midfielder but have now started to look at other targets after Arsenal stepped-up their pursuit of the 22-year-old.
The boss apparently rates Kondogbia highly and has seemingly been in contact with the French international about a possible switch to the Emirates.
With Arteta expected to step into a coaching role this summer, and Flamini and Diaby set to leave, we’re going to need another holding midfielder and I think Kondogbia would be an excellent signing.
I’ve said for several weeks that my preferred choices would be him or Morgan Schneiderlin and it looks like Arsene has serious interest in both.
As it stands, talk of Schneiderlin has died down a lot in recent weeks with the press now suggesting Kondogbia is emerging as the most likely target, but I’d be delighted with either of them.
Schneiderlin is perhaps the ‘safer’ bet as he has experience in the Premier League but Kondogbia is an absolute beast – as we found out when we played Monaco in the Champions League last season.
The Ligue 1 side are being tipped to cash-in on their prized asset this summer but reports suggest they’ll want €35m – which equates to around £25m. In today’s market, that’s a decent price for a player of his quality and potential.
We’ll have to wait and see how things develop over the coming weeks but if we can sign Petr Cech, Kondogbia or Schneiderlin and another forward we’ll be in great shape heading into next season.