- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal Star Confirms Talks With Key Target Over Emirates Move
Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has confirmed he’s held talks with Petr Cech about the prospect of the Chelsea goalkeeper moving to the Emirates.
Cech has just one year remaining on his contract and is set to leave Stamford Bridge after losing his place in Jose Mourinho’s first team.
As I reported last night, Chelsea goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon confirmed that Cech’s preference is Arsenal as he wants to remain in the Premier League and stay in London where he and his family are settled.
It seems we’ve put our very-own Czech agent to work as Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky has revealed he’s held talks with his compatriot about a potential move this summer, but he insists he won’t interfere in negotiations too much.
“Obviously I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that I had been speaking to him because we have known each other for a very long time,” he told Sky Sports News
“Petr wants a change of scenery, let’s say, so I don’t think he will have a lack of clubs interested in him. We will see how it ends but in this case I will not interfere at all from both sides.
“It’s his decision or Arsenal’s decision if they want to go in that way. I don’t know if Arsenal really want him or not. That’s not the right question for me but he’s a very good goalkeeper. He’s a proven goalkeeper.”
“He’s 33 and he’s been through all the situations you can imagine. The experience is there and that is vital for a goalkeeper. That is what he can offer.
“He’s show it for many years and he’s still got plenty of years ahead of him.”
Rosicky and Cech have played together with the Czech Republic national team for 13 years so know each other very well and I’m sure Tomas would love to see the keeper join him in North London.
Sky Sports claim Cech held talks with Chelsea on Monday where he expressed his desire to leave and Arsenal now appear to be the most likely destination, barring any late hiccups.
I’ve made no secret that I think Cech would be an excellent signing as he’s a major upgrade on Ospina and Szczesny, so hopefully we can wrap this deal up soon.
It’s been widely reported that Chelsea want around £10m-£11m and at that price, for a player of Cech’s pedigree and quality, it’s a no-brainer so I just pray Arsene spends what is required to bring him to the Emirates.