- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Chelsea Coach Confirms Petr Cech Favours Arsenal Move
Some interesting comments tonight from Chelsea goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon who has confirmed that Petr Cech favours a move to Arsenal.
Cech reportedly held talks with Chelsea officials today where he’s expected to have informed the Blues he wants to leave the club in search of first team football after losing the No.1 shirt.
There has been no shortage of interest being shown in the Czech international with reports suggesting Arsenal are leading the likes of Manchester United and Tottenham in the race for his signature.
Chelsea goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon has now been speaking to French radio station RMC this evening where he’s been quoted as saying that Cech wants to remain in England and favours a move to Arsenal due to our footballing ambition and style of play.
“I think he still has 3 or 4 excellent seasons in him.
“He knows Ligue 1 well. But I think he’s very happy in England.
“I think he wants to stay in England. I don’t know about discussions.
“The advantage of Arsenal, is they are a top club and they have big ambitions.
“They also have a football philosophy, which Petr likes.” Lollichon is quoted as saying by the Express
When asked about a potential move to Tottenham or Man Utd, he added:
“But does Tottenham have the ambition that Arsenal has?”
“I think that Manchester United like Lloris.”
So there you have it. Even Chelsea’s own goalkeeping coach has all-but confirmed that Cech wants to join Arsenal, so it seems we just need to strike a deal with Chelsea.
As has been reported widely in the media over the past few weeks, Roman Abramovich is expected to let the keeper join a rival as a reward for 11 years of loyal service.
Jose Mourinho would love to block the deal but he’s already acknowledged the decision is out of his hands, so all we need to do is come up with the £10m or so that Chelsea are understood to want.
I’ve said for weeks that this is one deal that is a no-brainer and we should do everything possible to bring Cech to the Emirates as he’s a HUGE upgrade on Ospina and Szczesny.
We should know more over the coming days but fingers crossed we can get this one over the line….