- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Look To Seal First Signing But Stall Over £25m Deal
According to reports, Arsenal will launch a formal move for Petr Cech later this month but are stalling on their pursuit of Morgan Schneiderlin due to Southampton’s £25m asking price.
Arsene Wenger is being tipped to bring in another goalkeeper this summer and Cech is widely reported to be our top target.
The Czech international is set to leave Chelsea after losing his place to Thibaut Courtois and several newspapers suggest he’d prefer to remain in London where he and his family are settled.
That would put Arsenal in an excellent position to snap up the 33-year-old and the Daily Mail claim we will finally make a formal move for his signature later this month as Arsene looks to make the keeper his first summer signing.
It remains to be seen whether Chelsea will be prepared to do business with us, but it’s thought that Roman Abramovich will let him join a rival as a reward for his loyal service.
I’ve made no secret that I think we should pull out all the stops to sign Cech and hopefully we can make him our first summer signing as he’d be an excellent addition to the squad.
Another player I’m hoping we’ll sign is Morgan Schneiderlin. The Frenchman has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months and at one stage it looked like we were closing in on a deal.
However, the Daily Mail claim we’re now stalling on the move due to Southampton’s £25m asking price, and the boss is now believed to be considering other targets.
The papers have linked us with the likes of Arturo Vidal and Geoffrey Kondogbia in recent weeks, but we’ll have to wait and see who the boss ends up bringing in.
I still personally think Schneiderlin is the man to go for, even at £25m, as he’s been outstanding for the Saints over the past two seasons and I think he’d be a great buy.
But Arsene being Arsene won’t pay more than he feels is fair, and if reports are to be believed, Schneiderlin could now be heading to Man Utd.
It would be a mistake to let him move to Old Trafford, but it’s obviously not my decision…..