- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Arsenal Make €40m Striker Bid, 4-Year Contract On The Table
According to reports in Italy, Arsenal have tabled an opening €40m bid for Gonzalo Higuain and are ready to offer him a 4-year deal worth €6m per season.
Higuain is a long-term target for Arsene Wenger and we came close to signing the Argentinean when he left Real Madrid back in 2013.
The striker’s future in Italy is in serious doubt after Rafa Benitez’s exit and Napoli’s failure to qualify for the Champions League next season, and recent reports have suggested that the boss is ready to renew his interest.
Speculation earlier this week claimed we had made contact with the players camp to discuss a potential move to the Emirates this summer.
It appears things have now progressed as Italian outlet Gazzetta Dello Sport state that Arsenal have made a €40m (£39m) offer and are willing to hand the striker a four year deal worth €6m-a-year.
Higuain is believed to be open to the idea of a move, however, the bad news is that Napoli are set to reject our offer as owner Aurelio De Laurentiis is demanding between €50m-€60m for the striker.
I’m not sure Arsene will go that high for the 27-year-old but if we have tabled a €40m bid, it’s certainly a statement of intent from the boss and hopefully we can thrash out a deal with the Italians.
We need a world class finisher and there aren’t many better in front of goal than Higuain. He’s scored 53 in 102 games for Napoli and bagged 122 goals in 264 games during his time at Madrid, so he certainly knows where the goal is and I’d love to see him come to the Emirates this summer.