- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Arsenal Quartet Called-Up To Senior England Squad
Arsenal quarter Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott and Danny Welbeck have been named in Roy Hodgsons senior England squad for their upcoming international double-header.
The Three Lions take on the Republic of Ireland in a friendly on June 7th before facing a trip to Slovenia for a European Championship Group E qualifier on the 14th.
Hodgson has been in front of the media today to name his 24-man squad and four Arsenal players have made the cut.
Despite losing his first team place in Arsene Wenger’s side, Gibbs is named in the squad, while Wilshere and Walcott are also in the 24 even though they have both only recently returned to full fitness and have very little playing time under their belts in recent weeks.
Welbeck’s inclusion is even more of a surprise as he’s still on the sidelines after missing our last five matches with a knee injury – although he could return for our game against West Brom this weekend.
There is no place in the squad for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as the midfielder is still nursing a hamstring injury, while Calum Chambers will play for the Under-21′s.
Here is the full squad: