- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
Arsenal Injury Blow: Midfielder Set To Miss Season Run-In
According to reports, Arsenal midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is facing up to the possibility of missing the rest of the season with a niggling groin injury.
The 21-year-old hasn’t featured since suffering a hamstring injury during our FA Cup quarter final victory over Manchester United on March 9.
He was initially only expected to be out for around three weeks but his comeback was delayed after the hamstring injury aggravated a long-standing groin problem and he’s been on the sidelines ever since.
Arsene Wenger admitted last Thursday that The Ox was facing a crucial week as if the inflammation around his groin didn’t reduce, his season would be in the balance.
The boss was hopeful that the player would return to full training at some point this week but unfortunately that hasn’t been the case, and now the Mirror are reporting that The Ox is set to be ruled out for the rest of the season.
The newspaper says that the clubs medical team remain hopeful he wont have to have surgery, but with the inflammation refusing to subside, it looks increasingly unlikely that we’ll see Oxlade-Chamberlain again this campaign.
If that turns out to be the case, then it will be a huge blow for the club but you have to feel sorry for the player too as this will be the second consecutive season he’ll miss out on the season run-in and he’ll also miss yet another FA Cup final.
Oxlade-Chamberlain missed the final month of last season, including our FA Cup win over Hull, due to a groin injury and now it looks like that same niggling issue is going to rule him out of this years trip to Wembley too.