- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Mexican Defender Tells Agent To Secure Arsenal Move
According to reports, Espanyol defender Hector Moreno has told his agent to try and secure a summer switch to Arsenal after snubbing interest from Man Utd.
The 27-year-old has been in excellent form for Espanyol since returning from a long-term injury and he’s helped the club maintain their push for Europa League qualification.
His impressive displays have attracted interest from the Premier League with reports claiming that Arsenal and Manchester United have both shown a keen interest in luring him away from Spain this summer.
However, the Express claim that Moreno has now made it clear to his agent that his preferred destination would be Arsenal and has told his representative to try and get a deal agreed ahead of a move to the Emirates at the end of the season.
Who knows how much truth there is behind this report but despite signing Gabriel in January, Arsene Wenger is being tipped to bring in another centre-back this summer and Moreno is supposedly on his radar.
He’s an experienced Mexican international who has 58 caps to his name and is known for his no-nonsense style of defending, but do we really need another central defender?
Gabriel is likely to push for a first team place next season and Laurent Koscielny is arguably the best centre-back in the Premier League, so Moreno would probably be nothing more than a back-up if he did join the club.
If we do sign another centre-back, then it would most likely be as a replacement for Per Mertesacker with reports constantly linking him with a move back to Germany.