- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Player Ratings: Sanchez Shines As Below-Par Arsenal Beat Reading
Arsenal were well below their usual standard but we managed to edge past an impressive Reading side thanks to two goals from Alexis Sanchez which booked our place in the FA Cup final.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 5.5/10 – Made a couple of punched clearances and one routine save but should have done better with their goal. Certainly won’t be regaining the No.1 gloves on this display.
Debuchy 5/10 – Didn’t look anywhere near fit. A miracle he lasted 120 minutes. He was well off the pace and caught out down his flank numerous times, including for the goal.
Mertesacker 6/10 – His pace was exposed a couple of times before he was forced off in the second half with an injury. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.
Koscielny 7/10 – Another solid game from the Frenchman.
Gibbs 6/10 – Looked rusty. Caught out of possession a few times and should have done better to prevent their goal.
Coquelin 7/10 – An important figure as he was overworked in central midfield against an aggressive Reading side.
Ramsey 6/10 – A huge mistake to play him on the right wing. He constantly drifted inside, leaving Debuchy exposed and the team unbalanced. He did OK when he moved inside when Coquelin went off though.
Cazorla 6/10 – Should have stopped the cross which led to the equaliser but he’s not in the team for his defending, and he struggled to have any influence in the final third.
Ozil 7/10 – Superb ball for Sanchez’s opener. A real moment of class from the German. He struggled with the physical side at times but showed some great touches when on the ball.
Alexis 8/10 – Cool finish to open the scoring and secured the win with a fortunate winner. But his work-rate was exemplary as he just didn’t stop running.
Welbeck 5/10 – Anonymous through the middle and failed to offer any sort of out ball. A long way behind Giroud on this showing.
Gabriel 7/10 – A few hairy moments but did well in two one-on-one’s. Missed a glorious chance to score.
Giroud 7/10 – Made a real difference to our attacking play as we finally hard a target to hit who could bring others into play.
Walcott 6/10 – Offered some width and almost won a late penalty after a mazy run.