- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsene Wenger Confirms Fresh Injury Blow, Player May Require Surgery
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has confirmed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is now out with a groin injury and may be forced to have surgery to heal the on-going problem.
The Ox hasn’t featured for the club since picking up a hamstring injury during our FA Cup clash against Manchester United last month.
He was expected to have returned by now but sadly the hamstring injury has aggravated a troublesome groin problem that’s hampered the 21-year-old all season.
Arsene has ruled The Ox out for at least another two weeks which means he’ll miss next weekend’s FA Cup semi final against Reading. However, the boss has revealed that the next few days are vital to see if the inflammation in the groin subsides.
If it doesn’t and Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another set-back, then the Mirror claim we’ll have no choice but to operate in the summer to finally get to the bottom of his groin issues.
Wenger told the newspaper:
“It is taking a bit longer than I thought because he [Oxlade-Chamberlain] has a groin inflammation. It is related to everything before.
“I hope it does not become a long-term problem, but he faces a hurdle this week in training. We will see if he has recovered well.
“The end of this week and the start of next week are important to see if he got rid of that inflammation. It is not his hamstring anymore. It is groin inflammation.”
It’s thought that the Arsenal medical team are confident the midfielder will play again this season, but they are taking extra care to try and not further aggravate the groin injury.
The news is a real blow for The Ox as he was just starting to find some form after a frustrating season before he picked up the hamstring injury at United, and now he’s facing a fresh problem.
The only positive for Arsenal is that his injury has come at a good time as the rest of the squad is now in good health so we have plenty of cover to cope without him.