- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Pre-Liverpool Team News: Wilshere, Debuchy, Welbeck, The Ox & Arteta
It’s been another busy day of team and injury news at Arsenal ahead of our clash with Liverpool so I’ll bring you a round-up of all the latest updates from Arsene Wenger.
The boss spoke to the media on Thursday morning and confirmed a quadruple injury boost with Arteta, Wilshere, Debuchy and Diaby all returning to full training.
The quartet also came through a friendly against Brentford on Tuesday without issue but as they still lack competitive football, Arsene hasn’t decided if any of the players will be involved on Saturday.
I personally think it’s still a little early for them to come back into the first team and to be honest, we don’t really desperately need them to just yet. We’ve been playing well without them so no need to rush them back too soon.
Wenger also confirmed that Oxlade-Chamberlain is back in full training after his hamstring injury but he won’t be available to face Liverpool, so hopefully he’ll be back against Burnley next week.
The final update was on Welbeck and the boss revealed that he’ll face a late fitness test on a knee injury that he suffered while playing for England, but I have a feeling he’ll be in the squad.
Here’s what Arsene told Arsenal.com:
Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Saturday’s Premier League game against Liverpool:
on Arteta, Wilshere, Debuchy and Diaby…
They were all involved on Tuesday and it went well. They’ve no problem after that coming out of the game. They are back available in training, a bit short still of top competitive level certainly but that’s normal. They’ve been out for a long time but I was quite surprised by how fit they looked and the quality of their performance – it was good.
on recalling them for Saturday…
Jack or Diaby or Debuchy, will I involve any of them? I don’t know, I haven’t decided.
on how vital their experience will be…
You want everybody available and back in the final months to compete at the top level. The consistency will play a big part in the success of the team and having everybody available can help.
on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Welbeck…
Oxlade-Chamberlain is still out and not available and Danny Welbeck came back from England with a slight knee injury. It looks like he has a little chance to be available for Saturday still.