- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Injured Arsenal Attacker A Major Doubt For Liverpool Game
According to the Telegraph, Arsenal attacker Danny Welbeck is ‘struggling’ to be fit in time to take on Liverpool at the Emirates this weekend.
We welcome our top-four rivals to North London on Saturday lunchtime for a game that will go a long way to determining who qualifies for the Champions League next season and it seems we could be without one of our key players.
Welbeck limped out of England’s European Championship qualifying win over Lithuania on Friday night after picking up a knee injury.
Roy Hodgson suggested after the game that the injury was nothing serious but the 24-year-old was ruled out of tonight’s friendly against Italy and was sent back to Arsenal to undergo treatment.
The initial hope was that Welbeck would recover in time to take on Liverpool this weekend but unfortunately the Telegraph claim the forward is facing a race against time to be passed fit.
So it seems the dreaded Interlull has struck again. As well as Welbeck, Aaron Ramsey could also be a doubt to face Liverpool after picking up a minor groin injury playing for the Czech republic while Tomas Rosicky has returned home early with a cold.
Let’s hope no other players pick up any fitness issues during tonight’s remaining international fixtures.