- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Dealt Major Injury Blow As Star Ruled Out For 4 Weeks
Our injury curse continues as reports tonight claim that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is facing up to four weeks out with a hamstring injury.
The Ox set-up our opening goal during Monday night’s 2-1 victory over Manchester United but he was forced off shortly after half-time after pulling up with a hamstring problem.
We’ve been waiting for news and unfortunately the Telegraph are one of several newspapers who are reporting that the 21-year-old has been ruled out for up to four weeks.
Apparently he had a scan on Tuesday which suggested he’ll be out for at least three weeks, but more than likely it will take four weeks to fully heal.
The Ox will undergo further scans on Wednesday but he’s now certain to miss Saturday’s clash with West Ham, next weeks Champions League second leg at Monaco and the Newcastle game four days later.
If he’s out for the full four weeks, then he’ll also sit out the crucial league game with Liverpool at the Emirates after the international break.
It’s a real blow and we’ll now be without him for a key part of the season, but the only silver lining is that there’s an international break coming up so it minimises the amount of Arsenal games he’ll miss.