- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Key Target Speaks Out On Arsenal Move Rumours, Confirms Interest From Several Clubs
Morgan Schneiderlin says he is yet to speak to Arsene Wenger about a potential move to Arsenal but claims there are several clubs interested in his services.
The boss is expected to sign another central midfielder this summer and widespread reports have linked Schneiderlin with a move to the Emirates with Arsene believed to have made him his key target.
Some speculation even suggests that we’ve agreed personal terms with the French international as Wenger lines-up a £20m+ bid at the end of the season.
However, while Schneiderlin has played down those rumours he has confirmed that clubs are showing an interest in his signature but insists he’s yet to decide on his future.
Speaking to French TV station Canal Plus, the midfielder is quoted as saying:
“I haven’t had contact with [Arsene] Wenger. Clubs are interested in me but I’ve not given my word to anyone,” he told Canal Plus.
Scheiderlin’s international teammate Yohan Cabaye has failed to establish himself at PSG following a big-money move last year but the Southampton ace insists that hasn’t put him off joining a big club.
“No [it hasn't put me off], because I want to play at the highest level. Cabaye is an excellent player who joined PSG to win titles,” he added.
“We players, we like competition. I think he [Cabaye] does not regret his choice at all.”
I’ve said many times that Schneiderlin would be my first choice midfielder this summer as I think he’d be a sensational addition and I have a feeling we might end up buying him.
He should cost in the region of £20m-£25m, which is easily within our price-range these days, and he has plenty of Premier League experience. At 25, he’s also coming to the peak years of his career and he has all the attributes we need in our midfield.
Put simply. I’ll be delighted if we can bring him to the club this summer, and I don’t think I’ll be alone in feeling that way….