- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Cazorla Out, Welbeck In: My Arsenal Starting XI To Face Man Utd
Arsenal continue the defence our the FA Cup when we take on Manchester United at Old Trafford on Monday night. This is the starting eleven I’d like to see start the game….
The boss confirmed at his press conference on Friday that Szczesny will be recalled in goal if he passes a late fitness test. The Pole missed the midweek trip to QPR through illness but is expected to be fit and this will be an excellent opportunity for him to stake his claim for the No.1 shirt again.
In defence we will see at least one change as Gabriel has unfortunately been ruled out for three weeks with a hamstring injury so Koscielny will resume his partnership alongside Mertesacker.
I thought Bellerin and Gibbs were both excellent against QPR so they deserve to keep their places in the full-back positions.
Ramsey came on as a late sub in midweek and I think it’s important he starts tomorrow as we’ll need his energy and work-rate. Unfortunately that means I’d have to leave out Cazorla – which is extremely harsh considering the form he’s been in.
However, I’d pick Ozil in the ‘free-role’ all day long so Santi’s the one who has to make way I’m afraid.
I’d also pick Welbeck on the right wing. Not only will his work-rate be useful but he’ll be hungry to prove a point against his former club.
Obviously Sanchez should start and Giroud has recovered from his Monaco nightmare, so he leads the attack.
This would be my team:
While this is the team I’d select, I’m not sure what Arsene will do. He might just bring Ramsey in for Rosicky and stick with the same line-up but I think Ozil on the wing would be a mistake against United.
Anyway, hopefully we can finally break our Old Trafford hoodoo and get a result on Monday. Then, we’ll be firm favourites to retain the cup…
What do you think of my team? What eleven would you choose for the game?