- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal ‘Ready To Sign’ Midfielder – Report
Some intriguing reports circulating claiming that Arsenal are ‘ready to sign’ free agent Patrick Olsen.
The 20-year-old was on the books at Inter Milan but had his contract cancelled last week after failing to secure a move during the January window following an unsuccessful spell in Italy.
Olsen is currently on trial at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem but the Metro claim that Arsene Wenger is ready to give him a fresh start in England having tracked the midfielder for over a year.
The newspaper leads with a very definitive headline saying Arsenal are ‘ready to sign’ the player and suggest a move could go through soon as he’s able to sign with another club outside the transfer window because he’s a free agent.
All sounds good, right? Well, not exactly….
When you actually read the article content they backtrack and say we are ‘interested’ and ‘could offer him a contract’, so it seems we’re not close to signing the midfielder at all.
And it’s probably for the best as Olsen’s career has gone backwards drastically over the past year or so. He was highly-rated as a teenager and represented Denmark at every youth level from Under-16 right though to Under-21, but things turned sour when he went to Serie A.
He failed to make an appearance for Inter and was sent out on loan to Stromsgodset in a bid to resurrect his career. However, having made just a handful of first team appearances, he dropped to the reserves where he was sent off three times.
Who knows. Perhaps he’s worth a punt. Arsene might be able to get him back on track and get the best out of his potential, but I think he’s probably one to steer clear of.