- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Ratings: Cazorla & Ramsey Go Missing As Arsenal Lose To Tottenham
Arsenal produced a hugely disappointing performance to lose 2-1 at White Hart Lane this afternoon. We were fortunate to grab a lead early on but invited Tottenham on to us and eventually paid the price with Kane scoring twice in the second half.
These are my ratings:
Ospina – 5.5/10 – Made a couple of decent saves in the first half but was at fault for the equaliser as he flapped the corner straight to Kane. The Colombian had a tendency to palm shots into the danger zone all afternoon and was lucky it only led to one goal. Could do little about the winner though.
Bellerin - 6/10 – Given a real tough time by Rose, particularly in the first half.
Mertesacker - 6.5/10 – Stood up reasonably well to the Spurs pressure. Could have had a penalty with the scores at 1-1 were it not for the bend referee.
Koscielny - 5.5/10 – Very poor for the winning goal as he offered no challenge at all to Kane as he headed home.
Monreal - 7/10 – Another decent shift and kept Lamela quiet the whole game.
Coquelin - 7/10 – Disciplined performance from the Frenchman but was let down by those around him who offered no pressure on the Tottenham players.
Ramsey - 5/10 – Extremely disappointing once again. Was chasing shadows for much of the game and was poor in possession.
Welbeck - 7/10 – Did very well to create our goal and forced Lloris into a decent stop in the second half. Worked hard too but still looked a little rusty at times.
Cazorla - 5/10 – Coming into the game as the man in form, this was a terrible performance from Santi. He just couldn’t get in the game and failed to deal with the intensity of the Spurs midfield.
Ozil - 6/10 – Lovely first time finish for 1-0 but otherwise he was largely anonymous. Couldn’t do much when he did get on the ball either.
Giroud - 6/10 – Perfect mishit to set up Ozil for the opener and worked hard up top but had very little support at times.
Rosicky – 6/10 – Didn’t really get in the game as Spurs dominated.
Walcott – N/A – Barely touched the ball in his 15 minutes.
Akpom – N/A – Only on for the final 2 minutes.
So an extremely disappointing result but the performance was just as frustrating. The Man City win was supposed to be the blueprint. It worked in the first half today but the longer our passing game failed on the break the more we invited Tottenham on to us and the pressure eventually told.
The battle for fourth just got very interesting…..